Sunday, June 12, 2011

Semester One Coming to an End!?

What a semester it has been!  Below are a few snapshots of life here in Fiji the past few weeks.  Things have definitely looked a lot different with exams taking over students at USP, launching ministry at FNU, the Miami Summer Project team joining us, preparing for the Student Life Conference in less than two weeks, and the V20 New Zealand conference in July!  

Meet Hannah!  Hannah is from Minnesota, and has been studying here at USP this past semester!  She will be returning to the States in less than two weeks.  We have been meeting for discipleship this past semester, and she has been such a blessing and encouragement in my life!  It's incredible how the Lord brings two American's to Fiji to meet and get to grow in their walks with Him together!  I will definitely be missing this girl!


So one day, Jenny and I joined the Summer Project students at the nearest beach (about a 45 min. bus ride away) for the day.  Well, Jill, Jenny and I decided to stay a bit longer and take the later bus home.  This turned into waiting on the side of a road in Fiji for over an hour, praying that the bus would come!  Eventually, just as it was getting dark and the mosquitos were attacking, a bus came to our rescue!  Oh the adventures we experience on this island :)


Last night we got to help lead the first girls night for the Summer Project team!  We went to a really fun cafe to eat dinner.  Afterwards I had the opportunity to talk to the girls about renewing our minds in the Lord, and thus finding true contentment in our relationship with Him!  It was so neat to see the Lord give me the chance to share with these other girls what the Lord has been teaching me a lot about lately.  After this talk, we got to get some coffee and eat dessert as the other staff women answered questions from the students on a panel.  The girls seemed to really enjoy the night, and it was so fun to get to love them that way!  The girls in the picture above, (from L to R) Abby, Kori, Jill and Natasha, are so fun, and have definitely kept me laughing!


Flowers in Fiji are pretty incredible!  After we finished up girls night, we were packing up to leave and one of our waiters came in and told us the following, "I'm so sorry to bother you, but I wanted to tell you that I'm an atheist and an alcoholic, and my manager is wanting me to go to a recovery program and church, but I haven't gone.  Well I have been eaves dropping on your talk tonight, which I'm really sorry about, but I truly think that it was the Lord's will that I heard what you were talking about because it really opened up my mind to learn more about God."  Seriously!?  We serve an incredible God!  Please keep this man in your prayers!


Apt. 10!  I love living on this island with these girls :)

So overall, things have been incredibly busy lately, but it's been so awesome!  The Lord is so faithful, and it has been so neat to see how He has been stretching us all and helping us give the Summer Project team a glimpse of what the Lord is doing in Fiji!  I have a feeling a few of these students will return to Fiji on STINT in the future!

Thank you for your continued prayers!  Let me know how I can be praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment