Monday, February 28, 2011

Rope Swinging and Trusting God

This past Thursday we had our first Connexion meeting with the students!  This is Student Life's weekly meeting.  It was so fun to see the our team work together with the student leaders to put this night together!  It was full of fun games, worship music, a vision for Student Life being cast by my co-leader, Dave, the Cha-Cha-Slide, me sharing how the Lord called me to Fiji, and 300 chocolate chip cookies (they were gone in 5 minutes...students were stuffing them in their backpacks!)!  There were about 84 students to attended this first meeting and it was a blast!  What a sweet glimpse of what this year is going to hold!

Me sharing my story!

The guys leading the Cha-Cha-Slide!


This past weekend we took a few students and went to the Colo-I-Suva National Park!  It was incredible!  I connect so well with the Lord through nature, so it was such an amazing time to spend a day surrounded by beautiful waterfalls, flowers, trees, birds (I saw a parrot!), and centipedes (well maybe not so much...but the one we saw was pretty impressive...longer than my foot!).  We had the opportunity to rope swing over a natural swimming hole 30ft above the water before letting go!  It was incredible...definitely something I would do everyday if I could! (although I'm still sore, and it was two days ago!).  

I was shaking so much before I made the jump!


Our team a few students who came with us!

God has been so faithful, and as we began another week today on campus, I am even more certain that His plan for the students at USP is incredible, and reaches far beyond anything we have yet imagined!  Today was a little frustrating due to the  fact that all 5 of my appointments with students were either canceled or did not show up, but the Lord still provided opportunities for me to reach out to other students, set up appointments for later this week, and trust that He is sovereign, and knows better than I do!  Please keep praying for us, and let me know how I can pray for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment